This is a simple and delicate way to infuse flavours into fruit. Poached pears are an effortlessly chic (not to mention healthy!) dessert perfect for this time of year, especially when you’ve overindulged in other holiday treats!
Cooking it at a low and steady temperature (thanks to my Nomiku) allows the flavours to steep into the fruit and ensures the perfect texture in each bite!
Poaching is a very gentle way of cooking. Using Nomiku allows you to control the poaching temperature making sure you get the best results. Poaching temperature should normally be around 72-85 C. Now remember when you are poaching fruit you should use fruit that is more on the firm side, so Bosc pears are my go-to in this case.
Makes 1 serving
1 pear, peeled
1 tblsp Orange pekoe
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 cinnamon stick
1 star anise pod
Orange Peel abt 4 cm long
- In a food safe bag add all ingredients
- Carefully displace air from the bag
- Set your Nomiku bath to 84 C
- Sous-vide for 1.5 to 2 hrs depending on the ripeness and size of the pear
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream or thick cream.